As many of you know, I highly recommend the F REE SEO Training class offered by Cricket of GNC Web Creations. Whether you are a small business owner or someone who has a hobby web site or non profit website, you can benefit from her classes. Especially if you want the search engines to find you! Her lessons are NOT posted in any public forum so you will need to join the class to benefit from them. While the classroom lessons are free, she does have an ebook you can purchase if you so choose. It is NOT required for the class but has proven to be very helpful.
SEO Techniques – SEO Optimization Techniques includes 20 chapters with step by step instructions and all the resources you will need to optimize every page on your site! These SEO Techniques are so simple to follow that anyone can improve results within a very short period of time!
Occasionally I come across a blog article that I find helpful and would like to share. Today I ran across
10 SEO elements all websites should have by Jerry Low. He starts off:
However, there is something we need to know before we start any real SEO work – the direction of our entire SEO campaign – What we are trying to achieve? What are our targeted keywords? Who are our competitors? That led us to the most important preparation work before any SEO campaign get started – keyword research.
Keyword research is crucial as it acts like a compass for your website or blog. A proper keyword research reveals the supply and demand trends in your industries thus giving general idea on which keyword you should focus on.
A discussion of keyword research follows. He then discusses the 10 key elements that improve your website SEO quality immediately:
- Index-able and Keyword-rich URL – If you have not already purchased a domain name, do some research BEFORE you select it.
- A reliable web hosting – if your website is down more than it is up, you could have problems.
- Keyword-rich title and heading tags – the title and heading s for your page tell the search engines what your page is about.
- Alt tag on images – besides helping with SEO, your pages will not validate without them AND the alt tag is used to read the description of the image for those using a screen reader.
- Proper structured internal linking – search engines pay a lot of attention to links – both internal and external. Read name of article as a link says more than click here.
- Inbound links – links from other quality websites to yours
- XML sitemap – a site map whether html of xml is important and should contain a link to all pages within your site
- WWW/non-WWW Canonical Issue – is your site indexed both with and without the www. Creating a 301 redirect can solve this problem.
- Robots.txt – tells search engine bots what to crawl and what not to crawl.
- Content is king – users search for information. If you don’t provide it, they won’t hang around long.
Read 10 SEO elements all websites should have by Jerry Low and start working on improving the SEO aspects of YOUR website.