Do you want to make your own web pages but are too worried about falling short in the complex depths of CSS? Not too worry – all it takes is some patience, some practice, and a little bit of time. Don't stress out with overly-complicated tutorials – start here with 20 awesome introductory tuts to CSS. Read Getting Started With CSS: 20 Awesome Introductory Tuts
While I have been using cascading style sheets for some years now on all of the sites I design/maintain, many people are new to them. I am always on the lookout for new resources to help those just learning to use style sheets. The first question most people ask is why should I use CSS? What advantages does it have. Two sites that are referenced to answer this question are:
One you understand why it is a good thing to use style sheets and how they can make site maintenance easier, then you need to learn how to do this. The list of tutorials referenced include:
- CSS Basics – This site includes an eighteen chapter book that you can print or download in pdf format.
- Learn HTML & CSS: A Beginner’s Guide from SitePoint
- Starting With HTML & CSS from W3C
- CSS – Beginners from CSSDog
- CSS For Beginners from devianArt. A tutorial to download in Word format.
- The Basics from CSShark.
- CSS From The Ground Up from WPDFD – WebPage Design for Designers
- Back To Basics: A Beginner’s Guide To Starting A CSS Document from CSS Juice.
- Style Master CSS Tutorial – Excellent tutorial by the makers of StyleMaster.
- Site In An Hour –
- An Introduction To CSS is one I have recommended in the past.
- CSS Tutorials by Design Shack
- CSS Introductory Tutorial
- Introduction To CSS
- CSS Do’s And Dont’s Part 1: CSS Selecting by CSS Globe
- CSS Do’s And Dont’s Part 2: Markup by CSS Globe
- Creating A CSS Layout From Scratch
- CSS Beginner by Tag by Tag with a printer friendly version
- Video: Introduction To CSS Design Part 1 – You Tube Video
- Video: Introduction To CSS Design Part 2 – You Tube Video
Once you finish all of the beginner tutorials, there is another list of more advanced tutorials.