Do you have virus scanning software installed on your computer? Do you regularly update it? Do you run any version of Microsoft Windows? Do you install the needed updates? If not, the bad guys are just waiting to get you.
Does your computer seem to be more sluggish than when you first got it? Do you run regular maintenance on your computer to keep it running like when it was new. If you don’t know how to perform regular computer maintenance it will gradually slow down and become unusable.
Martha of Martha’s Web has an excellent set of articles to help you learn what you need to do and how to do it. Keep you computer safe and running smoothly. The articles include:
How To Be a Responsible Computer User
- Responsible Computer User Overview
- How to be a responsible computer user part 1
- How to be a responsible computer user part 2
- How to be a responsible computer user part 3 (Using Windows Update)
- Part 1 Delete cache and temp files
- Part 2 Run Scandisk
- Part 3 Run Defrag
Read Are you a responsible computer user? And explore the rest of Martha’s site while you are at it.