WordPress Database Backup lets you backup on-demand your WordPress database.
wp-db-backup takes advantage of the WordPress cron system which means it can setup your backups to occur at almost any frequency.
Extract wp-db-backup.php, upload it into /wp-content/plugins/
and activate it under the Plugins menu.
How to Use
Step 1 – Click the Manage menu in your WordPress admin area.
Click the Backup sub-menu.
Step 2 – The plugin will look for other tables in the same database.
Select how you’d like the backup to be delivered:
- Save to server : this will create a file in /wp-content/backup-*/ for you
to retreive later
- Download to your computer : this will send the backup file to your browser
to be downloaded
- Email : this will email the backup file to the address you specify
Step 3 – Click “Backup!” and your database backup will be delivered to you.
The filename of the backup file will be of the form DB_prefix_date.sql
- DB = the name of your WordPress database, as defined in wp-config.php
- prefix = the table prefix for this WordPress blog, as defined in wp-config.php
- date = CCYYmmdd_B format: 20050711_039 the “B” is the internet “Swatch” time.
- See the PHP date() function for details.
When having the database backup emailed or sent to your browser for immediate download, the backup file will be deleted from the server when the transfer is finished. Only if you select delivery method “Save to server” will the backup file remain on your server.